Dr. Thomas Armstrong's Favorite Web Links
- Dr. Branton
Shearer and Mike Fleetham's book Extraordinary Teachers: Multiple
Intelligences in the Classroom and Beyond.
- A Dolphin Up a Tree.
Off-Broadway musical based
on multiple intelligence and Myers-Briggs, by
Kimberly Foster (to
schedule a school performance,
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development. www.ascd.org.
- Children's Ministries of America (uses a multiple
intelligences-inspired model of learning for Christian education), www.lordnking.com
- Discover Projects (multiple intelligences and
problem-solving), University of Arizona, C. June Maker, Ph.D.; http://www.arizona.edu/~discover/index.html.
- The Gardner School, Vancouver, WA www.gardnerschool.org.
- Harvard Project Zero. www.pz.harvard.edu.
- Internet Links Exercising Your Multiple Intelligences, by
Walter McKenzie, http://surfaquarium.com/im.htm
- IRI/Skylight Publishers. www.iriskylight.com.
- Kagan Cooperative Learning. www.KaganCoopLearn.com
- Key School. www.ips.k12.in.us/mskey.
- The Learning Forum (integrates quantum learning, multiple
intelligences, brain research, and other new learning technologies),
- Midas (Multiple Intelligences Diagnostic Assessment
- Middletown Unified School District (CA), webquest to
teach students about multiple intelligences,
- MAW Education (U.K.).
Intelligences and Student Achievement: Success Stories from Six
Schools (book) by Bruce Campbell and Linda Campbell
- Multiple Intelligences: Best Ideas from Research and Practice (book)
by Mindy Kornhaber et al.
- National Professional Resources Inc. (books and videos on
multiple inteligences and other educational topics)
- Multiple Intelligences Institute,
- New City School. www.newcityschool.org.
- New Dimensions of Learning (David Lazear)
- New Horizons for Learning. www.newhorizons.org.
- Peradaban School (Indonesia).
- The Saltonstall School, Salem, Massachusetts.
- San Jose Elementary School, Jacksonville, FL
- The Stories Behind the Songs (resource tool for educators
integrating musical intelligence with interpersonal and intrapersonal
intelligence) - http://www.wpe.com/~musici/Introduction.html
- Sue Teele & Associates (Teele Inventory for Multiple
Intelligences [TIMI}, Rainbows of Intelligence, The Multiple Intelligences
School, Overcoming Barricades to Reading) www.sueteele.com.
- Thornburg Center for Professional Development.
- University of California, Riverside, Multiple Intelligences Teacher Certificate Program
- Zephyr Press. www.zephyrpress.com.
Other Learning Sites
- The Renaissance Soul: Life Design for People with Too
Many Passions to Pick Just One (book) by Margaret Lobenstine (www.renaissancesouls.com).
- Michele Borba (leading self-esteem and character
development expert), www.micheleborba.com.
- The Brain Store (Eric Jensen).
- TW Branun & Associates (facilitates conferences and
staff development in innovative educational practices) ,
- Barbara Coloroso, Kids Are Worth It!
- Growing without Schooling (homeschooling options).
- Susan Kovalik and Associates.
- The National Parenting Center.
- Life Challenges. www.lifechallenges.org
- The Natural Child Project (Jan Hunt),
- The New Dimensions School, Morganton, North Carolina
- Paths of Learning,
Magazine, clearinghouse, and other resources for holistic and alternative
- Your Competent Child (book) by Jesper Juul,
- The Brain Incorporated, (Dr. Joan Caulfield - keynoter,
staff developer, and consultant),
). Brain-compatible learning.
- Saving Childhood Forum (Bruderhof Communities),
- School in the Park (San Diego, CA).
- STAR (Science, Theater, Art, Recreation) Education,
- Deep Fun (Bernie DeKoven website, focused on play).
- Ren Kristensen,
Assistant Professor, University College, CVU Lillebaelt,
Denmarkl; book (in Danish): anthology about developing appreciative
relationships in education
www.rkris.dk.; DVD (in English)
with Peter Lang and Jesper Juul (author of Your Competent Child),
"Invitations and Integrity" and DVD with infant development
expert Daniel Stern; go to:
- Genius Coaching -
Click Here To Schedule a Speaking Engagement
with Dr. Armstrong